The course can also be accessed by graduates from classes other than those indicated above, who have acquired at least 60 ECTS credits in the following scientific-disciplinary sectors (SDS):
- BIO/01 - General botany
- BIO/02 - Systematic botany
- BIO/03 - Environmental and applied botany
- BIO/04 - Plant physiology
- BIO/05 - Zoology
- CHIM/03 - General and inorganic chemistry
- CHIM/06 - Organic chemistry
- FIS/01 - Experimental physics
- FIS/02 - Theoretical physics, mathematical models and methods
- FIS/03 - Physics of matter
- FIS/04 - Nuclear and subnuclear physics
- FIS/05 - Astronomy and astrophysics
- FIS/06 - Physics of the Earth and of the circumterrestrial medium
- FIS/07 - Applied Physics (Cultural Heritage, Environment, Biology and Medicine)
- MAT/01 - Mathematical logic
- MAT/02 - Algebra
- MAT/03 - Geometry
- MAT/04 - Mathematics education and history of mathematics
- MAT/05 - Mathematical analysis
- MAT/06 - Probability and statistics
- MAT/07 - Mathematical physics
- MAT/08 - Numerical analysis
- MAT/09 - Operations research
- AGR/01 - Agricultural economics and rural appraisal
- AGR/02 - Agronomy and field crops
- AGR/03 - Arboriculture and fruitculture
- AGR/04 - Vegetable and ornamental crops
- AGR/05 - Forest management and silviculture
- AGR/06 - Wood technology and forestry operations
- AGR/07 - Agricultural genetics
- AGR/08 - Agricultural hydraulics and watershed protection
- AGR/09 - Agricultural machinery and mechanization
- AGR/10 - Rural buildings and agroforest planning
- AGR/11 - General and applied entomology
- AGR/12 - Plant pathology
- AGR/13 - Agricultural chemistry
- AGR/14 - Pedology
- AGR/15 - Food science and technology
- AGR/16 - Agricultural microbiology
- AGR/17 - Livestock systems, animal breeding and genetics
- AGR/18 - Animal nutrition and feeding
- AGR/19 - Animal science
- AGR/20 - Aquaculture, poultry and rabbit science
- GEO/02 - Stratigraphy and sedimentology
- GEO/04 - Physical geography and geomorphology
- GEO/06 - Mineralogy
- GEO/07 - Petrology and petrography
- VET/01 - Veterinary anatomy
- VET/02 - Veterinary physiology
For holders of a qualification obtained abroad, the attribution of credits to the various SDSs will take place on the basis of the contents of the relevant courses present in the student's previous career. For this purpose, a special admissions commission has been set up. An individual interview will be scheduled to ascertain the adequacy of the student's personal preparation in relation to the educational objectives of the master's degree course.
In the case of a requirement for curricular additions, the admissions commission will promptly indicate any specific shortcomings and knowledge to be acquired by each student. Any curricular supplements in terms of ECTS credits must be acquired before enrolment.
Candidates who do not have the required three-year qualification can apply for pre-enrolment if they have acquired at least 150 ECTS credits required by the teaching regulations of the degree program of origin. In any case, the possession of the qualification must be certified by and no later than the enrolment deadline set for the academic year of reference, under penalty of exclusion from the procedure.
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.
The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- Language certificate at or above B2, obtained no more than three years earlier. For the list of language certificates recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/). The certificate must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The test must have been passed within the last four years. It will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- Placement Test delivered by the University Language Centre (SLAM), which will take place according to the schedule posted to the website: https://www.unimi.it/en/node/39267/
All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure.
Candidates who do not sit or pass the placement test will have until 31 December 2022 to obtain and submit a recognized certificate to SLAM.
Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and may not sit further tests.
The candidate will be called for interview to verify the adequacy of the initial preparation which will be held on the dates indicated: 26 September 2022 at 14.00 and 10 January 2023 at 14.00.
The interviews will take place face to face or via videoconference, in a manner that will be communicated to the candidates within one week of the fixed date.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts